I am starting some homemade Christmas decorations as the weather has suddenly turned very cold.
Feels like snuggling home and getting into a holiday mood!
If you want to make these sweet and design trees you can go to Finnish blog Nurin-Kurin for an illustrated how-to.
For the filling
- 6-8 stalks rhubarb
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 or 2 tablespoons grated ginger
Optional 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
For the crumble
- 160 g semi-salted butter
- 160 g brown sugar
- 250 g flour
- 1 vanilla pod, grated
Preheat oven at 170°C.
Dice rhubarb and mix with the sugar, water and ginger.
Put in a dish and place in oven for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the crumble mixture mixing all ingredients together.
Refrigerate if necessary.
Add the cranberries over the rhubarb.
Sprinkle the crumble evenly.
Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden.
Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chesnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 tablespoon coriander spice/grains
- Vinaigrette/salad seasoning: 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, salt, pepper
Mix all ingredients together. The salad can be done in advanced and kept in the fridge.